Bootstrap is an HTML, CSS and JS framework for creating rich web applications with minimal effort. This framework emphasizes more in the construction of mobile web applications.
In other word Bootstrap is a front-end framework that is used to create HTML, CSS and JS web applications. Its design is very sensitive, easy and quick to use.
It mainly focuses on creating a mobile application with design templates to create UI as drop-down menu, forms, buttons, alerts tab, etc.
Why Use Bootstrap?
- Easy to use: Anyone with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS can start using Bootstrap
- Responsive Features: Bootstrap’s responsive CSS adjusts on phones, tablets, and desktops
- Mobile-first approach: In Bootstrap, mobile-first styles are part of the core framework
- Browser Compatibility: Bootstrap is compatible with all modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari and Opera)
key components of Bootstrap.
- Scaffolding: it has the grid system, background, styles/ link styles .
- Customize: you can customize frames or To get your own version of framework .
- CSS: contains CSS files or with plenty of CSS files .
Example: The following example shows the code of a basic bootstrap page
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <title>Bootstrap Example for You</title> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.4.1/css/bootstrap.min.css"> <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script> <script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.4.1/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script> </head> <body> <div class="container"> <h1>My First Bootstrap Page Heading</h1> <p>This is paragraph text.</p> </div> </body> </html>